The Top 10 Challenges for Women Who Are Discovering Their
Vitality and Wholeness in Midlife
ARE YOU AN ADVENTUROUS WOMAN STUCK IN A MIDLIFE TRANSITION KNOWING THERE HAS TO BE MORE?
You can become your own Midlife Fairy Godmother and awaken your authentic self, so you can arrive at 60, feeling like you’re 20, with the wisdom of 80, while leaving the legacy of “midlife empowerment” for future generations.
1) As grownups, most of us have actually programmed the possibility for joy out of our lives by seeking a “hassle-free” existence. We are constantly looking for comfort and security instead of something that will challenge and make us grow.
2) It takes a lot of courage to cultivate an attitude of play with the important and serious things in our adult life. But since joy is our North Star, we have to develop the discipline of joy and learn how to play at life again and stop taking ourselves so seriously.
3) Many of us became who we thought we should be according to the standards of others. We became “nice” vs. “authentic” without even realizing it.
4) We are relational human beings and are often afraid of how our decisions will affect others. Consequently, most of us have invested disproportionately in the dreams, lives, and plans of others, while obscuring and detouring our own.
5) Many of us have assumed that we are somehow inadequate and inferior because we aren’t able to achieve, have, or be what we want. Often enough, the problem is not us! We just lack “healthy” life skills, information, guidance, support, and role models.
6) We often avoid conflict and squelch ourselves because we weren’t shown how to communicate our needs and desires cleanly, gracefully, and lovingly – which is all we ever wanted anyway. “There’s nothing that will send a woman to the refrigerator quicker than an inability to stand up for herself.” Cheryl Richardson
7) Most of us never learned how to dress our own wounds. Life is a wild frontier, as well as an exciting adventure. We would never think of going on an extended hiking/camping adventure without having the equipment and knowing how to care for ourselves when get hurt!
8) We weren’t taught how to read our emotions as communication from our authentic self. We weren’t encouraged to listen to ourselves as much as we were advised to listen to others. Often enough, we were encouraged to ignore, squelch, and overcompensate for our strong emotions instead.
9) We ended up being part of other people’s life dramas because we fell blindly into them and it’s extremely hard to detach ourselves once we are in them. However, there are so many of us in this boat, that through supportive communities, we are learning how to raise each other up and experience the view from higher ground – get a broader perspective.
10) Many women are much more comfortable helping others with their problems than helping themselves. When they do start helping themselves and begin thriving, they may find out that some of their friends and family are threatened by their changes. Support is crucial during these times.
*** MIDLIFE FAIRY GODMOTHERS ADVENTURERS CLUB - ***Click here to join the Adventurer’s Club and receive a monthly E- newsletter and monthly community call for FREE and receive a free online monthly newsletter full of tools, tips, and treasures of midlife magick for second half bliss, free access to a monthly telephone community call, discount coupons for tele-classes and the School Of Enchantment, and more.
*** ONLINE/PHONE WORKSHOPS, GROUPS, CLASSES using a conference line from the comfort and convenience of your home. Click here to register for Tele-Class.
*** MIDLIFE COACHING - Click herefor a free 40 minute chat to explore discovering your passion and purpose, design a second career or lifestyle that feeds your heart and soul, stop your perfectionism or procrastination and start feeling momentum and excitement.
***MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKING AND IN PERSON WORKSHOPS - Click here to receive information on having me come to your organization, retreat, or church.
My email list is never given or sold to anyone for any reason. You can unsubscribe at any time. All times are Eastern Standard Time.