Creating Midlife Magic For Second Half Enchantment
Our no cost monthly [Midlife Adventure Club Call] is Thursday, February 13,
8:00 – 9:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 Central, 6:00 Mountain, 5:00 Pacific. Email Dinah@Midlifefairygodmothers.com for number.
TOPIC: The first steps in becoming your own best friend. What are your greatest challenges with any of these?
Making the best out of a very cold, dark, snow driven winter here at Enchanted Lake in Michigan.
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
Dear Soul Sister…..Once you break free of the bondage of your Socialized Self which is what lead you away from your Authentic Soul, you will know a freedom that will make you feel like you have wings and you will finally be free!! Hugs…… Dinah
“Remember, the entrance door to the sanctuary is inside you.”
Three books that I highly recommend for getting help and insight on how to break the spell of your Socialized Self are:
1 “Too Good For Her Own Good” by Claudia Bepko & Jo Ann Krestan
2 ” There Is Nothing Wrong With You” by Cheri Huber
3 “Soul Love” and the other book by Sanaya Roman for highly sensitive people
20 Ways To
Become Your Own Best Friend
Become your own Fairy Godmother in midlife. If not now….when? Give your self permission to:
It’s our Socialized Selves that try to convince us that we don’t deserve these things, that they are selfish, that we haven’t proven ourselves yet, that we could fail again.
It will use everything in it’s power to keep you in a place of suffering. How ironic that its intentions are good! It is trying to keep you safe. And even if you are suffering, it is safe because it is familiar.
Becoming our own best friend means learning how to communicate with this self sabotaging part of ourselves in loving, compassionate ways. That’s how we break the spell and fly free!!
1) Acknowledge your achievements.
2) Eat well, sleep well, and take care of your self physically.
3) Don’t engage in other people’s dramas. Ask yourself as Byron Katie suggests: “Is it my business, their business, or God’s business?
4) Follow your passions no matter where they take you.
5) Listen to your own inner voice.
6) Take time to get quiet, experience inner peace, and observe thoughts without judgment.
7) Release the need to blame self and others.
8) Instead of listening to the reprimanding, shoulding, guilting voice….listen to your heart instead.
9) Compliment others and notice good things about them, it will soften your judgments about your self.
10) Accept your self exactly how you are, where you are, what you are, who you are….YOU ARE ENOUGH JUST AS YOU ARE!!
11) Know your own limits. Don’t always be the one who takes on responsibilities, says yes automatically etc.
12) Make your self a priority.
13) Have fun and enjoy life…..it’s ok to do so.
14) Change your mind.
15) When requests are made of you, get in the habit of saying: ” I don’t know, let me get back to you on that, or no, I don’t want to do that.”
16) Take up time and space.
17) Interpret every choice and experience you have, no matter what it is, as contributing positively to your life because you make it so (no matter what anyone else’s interpretation may be!)
18) Trust yourself even when you make “mistakes” or don’t know what to do immediately, or don’t know the answers.
19) Allow people to be disappointed about your choices and decisions.
20) Break personal commitments or promises if to keep them would be more harmful to self or others, ultimately, than keeping them..
In Love & And Awakening ~
Enchanted Blessings ~
Daina (DINAH) Puodziunas
http://www.Midlifefairygodmothers.com ~ Creating Midlife Magic For Second Half Enchantment Since 1994.